Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 12-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Default Physical HDD Storage

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for physical HDD storage containers... ie: a large bin or other container that I can safely place 100+ (working and good spare) HDD's in. As of right now I've been keeping them in the containers they've been shipped in, but it doesn't look great when potential clients come waltzing around the DC for a tour and they see 20 pink and white foam containers holding a multitude of disks.

I've looked around for days and have been unable to locate any item specifically designed for this... any information pointing me in the right direction would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Administrator

How large is each disk with the packing material you want to keep it in?

Ken
Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith

I always recommend a cabinet that can blend in with the environment. You can get cabinets with plastic bins integrated so that you can store all your small pieces (rack screws, washers, beer, or whatever).

I once had an issue where I was in a facility that did not allow cardboard in the server area. To get around this, I went to home depot and got a little rubbermaid garden storage cabinet and threw my boxes of cat5e and hard drives in.

If you get one that locks, your potential customers will assume it is something super secret inside and that they can trust you. People are awesome!