Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Telecom Discussion Forum > Routing Algorithms

Old 06-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Default What program can I use to route the default port from free ventrilo to somethingelse?

Hello

Free version of ventrilo, not cracked or anything like that.

It has max clients 8. That is fine, I will only use it for small stuff like talk to my mates.

But you can not change the port number in the free version either. Thats my problem.

I heard people are playing with programs like sockscap and such things to bypass firewalls and such to connect to games over another port.

All I want is to change the default port of free ventrilo to something else (7120) and then be able to connect to ventrilo over that port.

Anyone know what program I can use to change the port?

Anyone know how to do so?

I am already familiar with hosting ventrilo server, porting and such things. I have a VPS that only got the ports 7100 - 7199 assigned.

I am not the hoster, it is a rented VPS. I have no access to their router. I am only assigned the ports 7100 - 7199.

But I got remote access to the computer, and can install any program and such things as I want.

Perhaps I can use a program to route ventrilos traffic from default to 7120 on my VPS before it even goes to the hoster router?