Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 AM

Default Google data centers

I am just wondering how many data centers there are for Google. I know that they have so many services that there must be a few. Facebook has 3 data centers now I believe. So I would think it might even be more than that.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 AM

Let's talk one step further.

It really doesn't matter how many data centers Google is having because Google have all it's services and applications on Cloud. Regardless of Datacenter locations end user has same experience.

Nobody knows for sure, and the company isn’t saying. The conventional wisdom is that Google has over couple of dozens of data centers. We’re aware of at least 12 significant Google data center installations in the United States. They have Server is Europe, Japan, South Korea, India etc.

Last edited by thecommis; 11-17-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM

I'm sure that Google is doing their best to hide, to a certain degree, the location and size of their datacenters. It would be very easy for an unhappy person or group to get to a couple of their centers and damage them. Thecommis is correct though, even if that did happen, the presence of the other centers operating the cloud would make sure that Google stayed on line. Although response time might be lowered.