Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 12-05-2004, 04:44 PM
teletele

Default looking for Full racks with 100Mbs?

We are in need of hosting 6 -7 servers and going to be more very soon. Currently we are hosting locally in our office with T1 lines. We are planning to expand our business. Looking for reliable datacenter with affordable price. I would prefer Tier1 dataceneters. Is any good datacenetrs other than he.net equinix.com?. Their prices very hight and not much affordable. If you know please help me. Also is internap better than level3?.

Allen
Old 12-05-2004, 07:59 PM
SQNWK

Are you looking for a full rack to lease or just to start off colocating your servers? If you want to lease a full rack do you have your own switch? What price ranage are you looking around in?

Stan
Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Magg

Equinix Chicago

Full Rack 45U
40Amps
40 Remote Reboot Ports
100Mbps Unmetered on GigE or FE

$2700/month

Savvis + BtN with redundant Juniper M20's at the core.

www.FoundryNAP.com/SLA.html
Old 12-06-2004, 08:40 PM
f1colo

hay i can offer you a full rack in Peer1 seattle, with 100mbps bandwidth etc etc.

email me on noc@f1colo.com

so i can quote u a nice price
Old 01-01-2005, 10:38 AM
IRCCo Jeff

I'm going on the assumption that self promotion is legal here, judging by the other offers

NSCNAP offers the lowest cost carrier direct bandwidth in North America. Specifically, we can offer the best deals at 600 W. 7th, Los Angeles or 200 Paul, San Francisco:

100 megabit over FastE: $2000/mo
42U cabinet w/20A, cross connects permitted: $400/mo

This pricing is current as of today, 1/1/2005 and subject to change with market conditions.

This is not resold bandwidth, NSCNAP maintains a nationwide backbone connecting each of our markets with metroloops in each individual city. We are the nation's most cost effective direct carrier, details are as follows:

Looking Glass (each core router can be used as a test IP): http://lg.nscnap.net
ASN Details: http://www.fixedorbit.com/AS/27/AS27524.htm

Please feel free to contact me at jeffrey.lyon@nscnap.net
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Andy

teletele,

Have you ran any cost analysis between the two options? For 6 to 7 servers, you basically do not need to colocate a rack.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:47 PM
jaybirdsmith

Allen,

Your post is a bit confusing, but it seems a bit much for you to go from a couple of T1 lines in your office to a 100Megs of net.

Do you want to commit to a 100 Megs of usage per month, or just want the ability to burst to it? That's a huge price difference.

And with 6 to 7 servers do you really need a full rack? How many total rack units do you actually need?

Jay Smith
Vice President
http://www.cyberverse.com
600 W 7th Street, Suite 140
Los Angeles, CA 90017
jay@cyberverse.com
V (213)362-0115
F (213)891-1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by teletele
We are in need of hosting 6 -7 servers and going to be more very soon. Currently we are hosting locally in our office with T1 lines. We are planning to expand our business. Looking for reliable datacenter with affordable price. I would prefer Tier1 dataceneters. Is any good datacenetrs other than he.net equinix.com?. Their prices very hight and not much affordable. If you know please help me. Also is internap better than level3?.

Allen
Old 01-04-2005, 01:36 AM
IRCCo Jeff

I don't see that as an unreasonable request.. going with a significantly higher commit, especially at today's prices, would be a nice change of pace for him.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
music

FDCservers.net is at the lower end of the price range if Cogent is an option.

DEDICATED BANDWIDTH - Cogent

10Mbit dedicated $249/month
50Mbit dedicated $799/month
100Mbit dedicated $1499/month
500Mbit dedicated $6499/month
1Gbit dedicated $11900/month

1U of space $19.99/month
month to month - NO CONTRACT - yes even for the 1Gbit
Old 01-05-2005, 02:48 AM
IRCCo Jeff

SQNWK,

It does not sound like you need very much bandwidth if you're operating on T1's currently.

I would be willing to provision a 42U rack with 20A of power and one megabit of NSCNAP bandwidth IN+OUT 95th% for $379/mo . Each additional megabit of utilization would be $40/meg.

Please feel free to contact me at jeffrey.lyon@nscnap.net if you would like to discuss.