Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Zone View Post
Raechelle Clemmons has a good point on the payoffs for virtual desktops.

"Go green. Because we're implementing VDI we're able to refresh with thin and zero clients instead of traditional PCs, and save power in the process. Conservatively, our most power consuming thin clients consume 1/4 of the energy that our physical desktops do, and some zero clients we're testing consume less than 1/10th of the power. We figure that by year 3 of our project, based on how many PCs we project we'll refresh with thin/zero clients, we'll be saving over $4k per year in power alone!"

Full article - http://bit.ly/kHtc6K
Thank you for providing a link to this article. I've been studying several hosting services that say they are 'green'. Most are trying to use windpower. I was unaware that traditional PCs could be replaced by VDIs in the datacenter.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:02 AM

I'm not sure how you could really increase sales on your website, just because it has Green hosting. Do you put some type of icon on your website? Or do you just make one of your marketing programs around the fact that you have a green website hoster. And remember, just because the webhoster is green, doesn't mean the website owner is running a 'green' shop.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 AM

Yes media lover, it was a great link, providing great information about cloud computing.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:10 AM

I am new in this field. I hear about Web Hosting not Green Hosting. What is green hosting tell me more about this. So i gain more knowledge.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:20 AM

Green hosting has taken the world by storm. Green hosting companies are multiplying at a high rate.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:14 AM

Default Green hosting

Green hosting or eco-friendly hosting is Internet hosting which involve green technologies to reduce environmental impact.Green hosting include Carbon offsetting, planting trees, plants and grass around and over Data Centers and more day to day activities such as energy conservation and the use of energy saving appliances. Green hosting utilized green marketing with focusing on green consumers that are concerning about the environment.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to balticservers
Smile Green Hosting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholi View Post
I have seen few companies proving green hosting. What do they mean by green hosting?

-Kholi
Hello,

We bought that system some month ago. It was good solution, because at the moment we saving electricity energy and have good condition system.

More information about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_co...f_Free_Cooling

Our equipments here: http://www.balticservers.com/datacenter
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 AM

There is a recent rise in the popularity of Green Web Hosting because of the concern for the nature.