Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Wouldn't it be nice, safe and logical if you're going to buy new ones instead? You know just to avoid

wasting your money on some equipments that will only last for only a couple of months... Just my 2 cents

(:
Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 PM

It was a difficult task until a few years ago. With the appearance and accelerated advance fabricated by the Internet, this has become child's play. One can get the best accessible online deals and the features, prices and other aspects of the choicest brands are compared instantaneously.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorack View Post
Depending where you live, you may be able to hunt for some commercial real estate building that may have unused data center space. search for keywords like, raised floor, generators, raised tiles. Many time's the company looking to lease the property is looking to demo the equipment anyways. that's how you beat the refurbished companies.
This sounds like a pretty good idea and seems like something that would be very feasible. I think you could really get some good prices while still having equipment that will be very reliable.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:01 PM

For servers, routers, cables and other bits and bobs, ebay is good and cheap!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camogirl View Post
Just a quick word of advice, be careful in choosing used equipment. With knowing the equipment is used you expect that some things will be "not the best" but make sure you buy from a company with a good reputation because I have saw so many get burned and spend a good amount of nothing and receive junk in return.
I couldn't count how many times I went to a customer's business where they bought a bunch of old server parts and asked me to put it together and run their business with it. A bit of research will save you a hell of a lot of time and money.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM

It's quite hard to know the quality of a second-hand equipment, some are good looking but the internal parts are old.

If you can't make clear whether the equipment works well, don't your waste money on it.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 AM

Great they have this facility but how can we find it?