Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 07-30-2005, 09:51 PM
rackmount

Talking ippbx question(help)

Hi ,

I have one question , i want to start my new business with asterisk for ivrs service , but now i have problem in the telecom , don't know what i need to ask the telecom to provide the line to me.

I have setup a server at data center , and now i know there have two method to get it work , one is a card with normal Telecom telephone line.(one channel call in/out with no)

another one is buy from some voip provider , and i setup the login ip + Username+password in my asterisk , and no need to buy card.

but i want to know is if i need to provide 15~50 ivrs customer , what telephone line i need to ask telecom , i know there is something call DDI or IDAP.Is there any other method i can get a low price and product to do it?

If later i need more channel for dial in and dial out , any method can i do.

thank you.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 AM
teodorgeorgiev

Ok, you have to check what kind of lines does your Telecom offer.
Which country are you from? In some countries (third-world - Africa, Middle East). the PTT provides only analog phone lines (blaaaaaah), or in the best choice - digital E1 with R2 protocol.

if you are in USA / Canada - you will likely able to get a T1 / ISDN.

So, ask them and then post here. I will suggest you then what kind of a PCI card you have to buy from Digium and put it on your PC where Asterisk is installed. Do not worry, it is a very easy task