Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 AM

Default Free eBook - By Don Jones

I stumbled accross this good read earlier today and thought that I had to share such a good resource with the community. Below is all the info from the site you can get it from (You can download it here):

Quote:
The Definitive Guide to Monitoring the Data Center, Virtual Environments, and the Cloud

Description:

It's only recently that businesses have started focusing on modern application performance management techniques, and along comes cloud computing and other "hybrid IT" elements (such as Software as a Service) to make application performance even more complicated.

In this book by business technology writer and analyst Don Jones, you'll see how application performance management techniques need to evolve to accommodate hybrid IT. Learn about emerging techniques and technologies, and develop a "shopping list" of capabilities that your IT environment will need in order to survive in the Hybrid Age.

Chapter List:
  • Chapter 1 - Evolving IT: Data Centers, Software as a Service, Hosted Solutions, Virtualization, and Clouds
  • Chapter 2 - Traditional IT Monitoring, and Why it No Longer Works
  • Chapter 3 - The Customer is King: Monitoring the End User Experience
  • Chapter 4 - Success is in the Details: Monitoring at the Component Level
  • Chapter 5 - The Capabilities You Need to Monitor IT From the Datacenter into the Cloud
  • Chapter 6 - IT Health: Management Reporting as a Service
The eBook is 119 pages long and a really good read. I hope you find this useful.

Regards,
ford
Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Thanks, that sounds like a great ebook. Is the ebook is really available for free? Most free ebooks on the net have less than 50 pages. What is the catch?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Well they ask you for email address and phone number, etc but I got away with some fake info and so far the book is really good!

Regards,
ford
Old 11-02-2011, 06:33 PM

That's a great e-book! It looks like they thought of everything that we could possibly need to know. I love "The Cloud" and finding ways to save everything to it. It sure helps to save space on your computer!