Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 12-31-2007, 04:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jrgarrigues Send a message via AIM to jrgarrigues Send a message via Yahoo to jrgarrigues
Default Data Center Ops - Best Practices

What resources do you use for info beyond this forum when you are looking for content specific to data center operations?

Has anybody seen/used the Corporate Exec Board/Data Center Ops Council, or the Uptime Institute? What was your take on these or other similar resources?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

jrgarrigues,
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hadn't heard of the Corp Exec Bd/DC Ops Council -- I'll look into them.

I do recommend the Uptime Institute for facility-related best practices. There is a lot of high-quality info on their site and their seminars are super. Other sources of excellent factilities best practices information can be found at APC.com, Sun.com, HP.com, IBM.com and Dell.com. Other worthwhile organizations I know about are AFCOM and the 7x24 Exchange. If you'd like to make data centers your religion, check out the ITIL stuff.

Enjoy.

Ken
Old 01-01-2008, 04:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jrgarrigues Send a message via AIM to jrgarrigues Send a message via Yahoo to jrgarrigues

Hi Ken,

Thanks. I'll be looking through all of these recommendations. Glad to get some confirmation on the Uptime Institute; of course the fact that they have published so much data center specific information says a lot as well.

I am very interested in the CEB/DCOC as well, so if anybody else out there has access...

Thanks again,
John
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 AM

Whenever i need the info, i try to get some links from googling. I think the links provided here are quite good, thanx for sharing them.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:51 PM

Google is an immense resource of knowledge, moreover DCTalk is one of the most topranked DC forums around and so the content provided here is pretty good, and especially some links shared by Ken are worth looking at.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to HHSS

If you have a LinkedIn account, there are several groups/forums that you can join. It's a good way to share experiences and expand your network. Just search for "Datacenter"or "Data Center" in the "groups" section.

Datacenter System Architect
Old 10-11-2008, 02:14 AM

I have heard about Linkedin site. Once when i googled a site for applying jobs in USA, i found this site. Its great. And i found many groups and it was almost like a community site. Great site with much info.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM

I don't really use any other resource. I have a very small data center really. Just a single rack of servers in an air conditioned area of a single room.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:30 PM

Well this is pretty simple I suppose. I use data center journal and the search engines of course. I think you have many options for finding the information you are looking for, but being able to come to one place to get a lot of it is the key, right?