Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM

Default load balancers

hello,
how do load balancers help manage or monitor the power capacity of the data center?
isn't the concept of load balancing more internet traffic related? is the term 'load balancing' referring to the same thing here?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:20 PM

it is very helpful to find some extra power capacity in the facity by wisely using load balancing data center power. when we have 3 phase UPS suppies installed in datacenter, they end up plugging into a power panel in such a way that doesn't maximize potential for UPS. they plug too many connection in one phase and other phase are underutilized.

if for phase A,B and C load is 150, 50 and 10 amps then it mean i need to work on my load balancing and move some power from phase A to B and C.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Administrator

good answer thecommis.

Yes, mostly load balances use it to split the traffic. It can be internet traffic or internal traffic. There are lots of software/hardware load balancer products. I would prefer hardware load balancers because it has lots of other features as well.