Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Back-up Systems and Data Recovery

Old 01-25-2016, 10:32 PM

Default New TeslaCrypt 3.0 variants (.vvv, .ttt, .micro)

In the past few months a new strain of encryption viruses has been released world wide. The virus has attacked businesses and home user alike. This virus can be installed in your computer or server from a Flash update. Once installed the virus will start to encrypt all your data files.

The new strain of he virus adds a .vvv, .ttt. or micro extension to your files. So far nobody has found a way to decrypt these files. Has anyone here found a way to decrypt their encrypted files yet?
Old 01-25-2016, 10:56 PM

I just read an article the other day about Ransom32 the new virus. It also uses the Tor server to hid the virus from the public. If you happen to type in your BitCoin address your computer will be infected with this new virus. The Ransom32 is deceiving and you're infected and not protected.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:36 AM

How can your computer be infected if you don't download from the Internet. I thought you had to install or download certain programs on your computer to get this virus. Is there another way it is installed on your hard drive?
Old 01-26-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
How can your computer be infected if you don't download from the Internet. I thought you had to install or download certain programs on your computer to get this virus. Is there another way it is installed on your hard drive?
Any computer connected to the Internet for emails or software update is vulnerable to this virus and others. You don't need to download to get infected. Just installing a flash mandatory update can infect your computer.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:01 PM

Talking about this virus, when I got home last night my son had it on his laptop. It appears the flash update downloaded and installed this on his laptop. The new version infecting his laptop currently is .micro. So far there isn't a solution for this.