Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 01-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith
Default RJ45 Crimpers

A while back I had an RJ45 crimper that had a blade on it. I am trying to find out if anyone has ever seen it before as I have lost it. The reason for the blade is pretty cool. The ends that you use on the tool have an open end where you put the conductors through the end. Instead of cutting the conductors to length and putting them in to the cable end, you simply let them stay long and they run right out the other side. When you crimp down, the blade cuts off the extra length of the conductors to make sure they are always just the right length.

It is hard to explain.

Has anyone seen this tool? If so, do you remember the maker of it? I remember they have blue handles. If my post makes no sense at all, let me know so I can try to explain better.

Regards,
Keith
Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 AM
mbrennan

Default Re: RJ45 Crimpers

You might want to go to homedepot.com and search for "Ideal Ratchet Telemaster" for $44

With this one, you can strip the shielding and cut the twisted wires as well.

I actually prefer this crimper to the more expensive one we have.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith

I have a pair of the Ideal crimpers laying around. I just found the pair of crimpers I was talking about. The company used to be called greyfox. They were bought by ON-Q Legrand. Here is the PDF for the installation of the connectors with this tool.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/images/pdf/IS-0177.pdf

Regards,
Keith
Old 05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Sago_ChrisK

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I have a pair of the Ideal crimpers laying around. I just found the pair of crimpers I was talking about. The company used to be called greyfox. They were bought by ON-Q Legrand. Here is the PDF for the installation of the connectors with this tool.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/images/pdf/IS-0177.pdf

Regards,
Keith
Gald you found them Keith. I have never used that style of crimper but have heard good things about them. They are supposed to make it easier to make ends for things like Gig Ethernet terminations. One less chance for human error.