Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM

Default Cloud Tax

Could taxing really be the sign of things to come for cloud computing? Some US states are eyeing cloud as a choice new source revenue. Could that idea be coming to the UK?

http://www.enterprisecioforum.com/en...a-taxing-cloud
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 AM

I would not be surprised if the governments all over the civilized world decide to tax the cloud, because it is growing exponentially and it seems the governments can't stand not taxing success.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Maclean View Post
I would not be surprised if the governments all over the civilized world decide to tax the cloud, because it is growing exponentially and it seems the governments can't stand not taxing success.
Good idea governments could tax failure, just think how much virtual money governments could have collected from GM, AIG, Enron, Bear Stearns and all of the other companies making losses. They could also tax the poor an unemployed, this way the rich would have more money to create wealth for the nation.

But to be serious, so long as Moody’s rated the country, firm or product as “AAA” there is no chance of failure.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM

Seems like this comes around every decade or so. Back in my BBS days, it was the threat of a modem tax. Then in the 90's it was the internet tax. Now this.

I really (and hopefully) do not think the people will allow it to happen. But, if anyone can screw up a good thing...

Tags
cloud, cloud computing