Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 10-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Banned

Arrow VoIP PBX Solutions For Businesses....What To Look For

Business communications has always been a challenging arena for management....subject to cost, function, reliability, and other pressures and concerns. The emergence of VoIP technology....and specifically application to PBX systems via IP based protocols....has provided an enormous opportunity for companies to reap many benefits.

http://ezinearticles.com/?VoIP-PBX-S...-For&id=154917
Old 06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Elitvin

Default Voip Rant

I have been in a quandry over hosted VOIP. My company Gigabitsdirect.com sells network hardware to brokers, system integrators, telecom and cable providers, and end users. We rely heavily on both the internet and our "trusted" hosted VOIP system to generate business. The problem with hosted VOIP is that there's way too many moving parts. You have a network connection (T1, Cable Broadband, WiMax), Internal LAN, and the DataCenter who hosts the VOIP Switch. Say your phone system goes down. You can't make calls, so you call your voip provider on you cell phone (because that's the only means of communication you have). He will quickly point out the problem is with Latency on your internet connection, or its an internal lan problem. It's never their fault. My overall feeling is that it's not quite ready for prime time. By the time it is ready, there will likely be something more robust...the next disruptive technology.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

You'll find more VoIP related articles here:

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Michael_Lemm
Old 10-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

We've added more useful articles on VoIP ... especially hosted VoIP at the link above.

Also at Broadband Nation
Old 11-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

For free assistance in finding the right business voip solution to meet your needs ... you can request help here:

Business VoIP Solution
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 AM

This is an interesting discussion. Thank for sharing.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Most businesses are into IP PBX due to the fact that it offer features that can unify all communication devices between central office and satellite offices. Besides the system has a minimum hardware and software requirements making it very cost effective.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to laarnipetes
Smile Free trials.......

What I want to look for when acquiring PBX solutions are free trials or money back guaranteed so I can have time evaluating the system before actually purchasing it.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laarnipetes View Post
What I want to look for when acquiring PBX solutions are free trials or money back guaranteed so I can have time evaluating the system before actually purchasing it.

Yes, free trial period is one way to measure the capacity of the system. Also, reading reviews about the different providers will give you the chance to compare the plans and pricing they offer.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Thanks for posting, your article was certainly beneficial