Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 09-13-2015, 12:14 PM

Default Is Digitalocean any good?

I've heard alot about digital ocean as a cloud service, what is it like compared with AWS etc?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:32 PM

I have used digitalocean for a few websites and it has worked very well, never used AWS what's it like?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to truedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoIT View Post
I have used digitalocean for a few websites and it has worked very well, never used AWS what's it like?
Amazon Web Services is a pretty unique setup for hosting, it's great because you can easily stretch your resources out and make it bigger. But it requires some getting use too and there is a certain way to use it.

Here is a guide.. https://aws.amazon.com/documentation/gettingstarted/

I've used digitalocean also and personally really like the image based way of setting up with just a straight forward linux distro.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGier View Post
I've heard alot about digital ocean as a cloud service, what is it like compared with AWS etc?
Digitalocean is really very cheap in comparison to any other cloud service host I have used. But the ability to grow and shrink as in the elastic service AWS offer is not how DigitalO works initially.

But you could configure it to some extent although the ability to fire off a new server from the API I am unsure of...
Old 02-08-2018, 10:04 AM

Default Cloud Hosting

AWS has its own value and Digital ocean has its own, If you are comparing with the price then I would suggest you to check Digital ocean hosting with Cloudways and deploy Magento or any app in minutes. Starting at $10 and also has the scalable option. http://www.cloudways.com/blog/instal...-digitalocean/ , Check this tutorial for more installation guide and also check pricing.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truedon View Post
Amazon Web Services is a pretty unique setup for hosting, it's great because you can easily stretch your resources out and make it bigger. But it requires some getting use too and there is a certain way to use it.

Here is a guide.. https://aws.amazon.com/documentation/gettingstarted/

I've used digitalocean also and personally really like the image based way of setting up with just a straight forward linux distro.
Cloud hosting is most popular and reliable, highly secured hosting. It is the server farms behave as one large storage space. The main concept of cloud hosting is the resource required for maintaining your website are detail across more the one web server and are submit as per need basis.

Cloud hosting services to provide the user:

Pay as you use: small monthly fee, you pay for it only when needed.
Improved Reliability: There is a massive resource or space available.
Flexibility for Load spikes: If you need space for a new software application or a sudden increase in traffic then it is anon available.
Instant Response to file transfer needs: that is increase bandwidth available as soon as you need it.
Security: Cloud hosting services still involve the use of physical servers, but the data center used are protected by the security systems normally execute for any form of web hosting service.
Various service providers which considered as best cloud hosting providers that you can give a glance.

The following are some best cloud hosting provider that I recommend: WP Engine,Siteground or GoDaddy (http://www.sitegroundwebhostingrevie...-vs-wp-engine/)

If you don’t like their service then don’t worry about your money because they provides you 30 days money back guarantee!
Old 03-06-2018, 10:32 PM

They have a great reputation but I've never used them. I would encourage you to try small business instead of the giants though!
Have your own ASN? Let us scrub your traffic. We have the best DDOS protection.