Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 10-10-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Greener is the need of the hour

What ever the technology that we may use, but they demand us to be greener. Because we cannot harm our society anymore. Already we suffer a lot by the climatic changes. And we know the room where we keep our server will be much hot. I want guys to invest a little bit more and go for greener technology to save our future.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:28 PM

Going green is the actual way to go. Many companies are trying their best to reduce the poisonous materials that go into making logic boards and all the components. Some companies are trying their best to get energy efficient machines out there and also to get them Energy Star certified.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 PM

In order to go green you have to understand what it is and how it can be an advantage. I think that most people misunderstand the term and go overboard. They also have to understand how it effects the environment and not just jump on board because people tell you too.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Its a good thing to consider the various factors which may affect the environment in any way. We should avoid such practice which cause harm to nature. By just paying heed to small issues we can add much to our surroundings.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Schumie

A lot of the time you may find that a data centre is greener than most people think - particularly those who provide managed services or collocation.

The reason behind this is usually that if they weren't with a managed services provider, or collocating, they would be running their own infrastructure and don't get the economies of scale in respect of UPS efficiency, cooling efficiencies etc..
Old 04-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Greener is certainly an attractive concept for data centers. Many data centers I know are now thinking of making their operation atleast partially green by using efficient power saving methods and also through green sources which I think is a nice marketing strategy.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM

I’ve heard some people have already started to use solar power for their data center servers but I’m not sure if they were also able to lessen the heat for using a cleaner source of power.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:52 PM

I think it is a must to use solar energy and another alternative power sources.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM

I think the whole "green" angle is also great from a marketing point of view. I have seen several hosting companies for example use this angle and they seem to be doing rather well.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Promote more the use of solar energy or by using efficient power saving methods and equipments.