Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Server Room Relocationn

Hi,

My name is Muzaffar I am working in Dubai.I have a question regarding server room relocation.We have a small datacenter.Now our management is planning to move in a bigger office.I need your suggestion folks that how to move our IT equipments which is already rack mounted in HP 42U rack.We three dell powerR710 servers,dell powervault 2200 backup system,cisco 48 ports switch and a linksys router .Any tips,suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I don't know the details of your situation, but we have moved fully-loaded racks that lacked their own wheels -- where doorway, hallway and elevator heights permitted -- using a pair of rolling jacks, like this: . Where conditions did not permit the racks to be moved upright, we have unloaded the equipment from the racks and moved them separately, re-assembling everything at the destination.

Ken

Last edited by KenB; 07-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.