Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Cluster and Cloud Computing Discussion Forum

Old 01-04-2016, 07:48 AM

Default Why the fear of cloud computing?

I have more and more people tell me that they are afraid of cloud computing because they feel like their information is easeir to steal. What is the difference between having your important stuff 'in the clouds' than creading a secret log-in password on virtual sites? They can be stolen just as easily. There is no way to do online banking without creating a user name and password. I don't understand people's logic sometimes.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:40 AM

People fear the unknown. Plain and simple. Years ago before the cloud became public nobody had any idea it existed. However, back then the ATM machines at your local stores used the cloud. Even some VOIP providers used the gateway and cloud for communication. I feel that people fear what they don't understand. I tried to explain this to a group of networks techs one time and they thought I was crazy. Nobody could picture data in a cloud.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:26 AM

I think people fear the unknown. Anything new people fear. It is human nature to fear the cloud. Nobody really knows how it works or where your data is being stored. They worry about people getting a hold of all their personal information.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:28 PM

When I first moved a few of our software application to the cloud my employees had a hard time understanding how to access their accounts. This took a few days and some training. Now they love the cloud and all the freedom they have. I think it is basically the fear of the unknown.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:44 PM

I think Cloud is much secure compare to others.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 AM

Cloud is the flexible facility that can be turned up, down or off depending upon circumstances. Explore 10 short facts about cloud computing
Old 07-11-2016, 11:40 AM

Your host takes care of that, but in exchange you give up a lot of control, which is one of the top three fears of cloud computing: losing control, losing data.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 PM

It obvious that people fear about adopting new thing. They thinks about the risks and profits before accepting any service. Cloud service is one of them. They fear about the security and data loss. Nothing is inherently safe but actually cloud computing is more reliable and secure than traditional security access system.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 24x7servermanagement

Not sure why people fear of cloud. May be due to lack of knowledge with cloud and well its our responsibility to educate our clients and give them confidence for cloud technology.

Cloud is one of the most secure way to keep your data private.
Cloud providers have greater expertise and more technical staff. Cloud companies like Microsoft are beginning to spend at a scale of great magnitude that cannot be matched by a single organization.

With our experience the percentage of security breaches are very high from end user than server end.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:56 PM

I would actually argue that cloud computing is an opportunity for business to implement low cost, low power and high efficiency systems to deliver scalable infrastructure.
There's nothing worse in my opinion than current enterprise data centers with layers over layers over layers of redundancy... as each layer takes a toll on the energy bill and the environment. cloud migrations