Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 AM

Default Tips for a better DC

There are some tips which must be followed to make our DC better:

# Keep Cool Fans are an important part of data center maintenance, especially in locations with restrictive space constraints. The data centers of today not only use a large number of blades, but those blades are packed densely, making them more sensitive to overheating. In such situations, you can use cooling fans that fit in 1U spaces and air conditioning units designed to cool single and double-wide enclosures.

#Better Interdepartmental Communication Using available safeguards enables organizations to protect their stored data, satisfying the security team and simultaneously allowing the storage team to meet its objective of backing up data without negatively impacting performance.

#Formal Development Program Soft skills are more important in today’s work environment than ever. Employee educational solutions include various combinations of online learning, instructor-led teaching, role-playing, and programs based on alliances with various colleges and universities. Not only are its employees encouraged to achieve their goals, but they’re encouraged to celebrate achievements via parties, boat cruises, sports, and raffles.

I invite all to add some more tips on how to make a DC better.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Never underestimate security. Make sure your data center is as secure as possible, discouraging even the thought of someone busting in.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to Schumie

princee - maybe it would have been better for you to link to the original article where this tips came from (and where their are more tips!)

Processor Editorial Article - Tips For A Better Data Center
Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 PM

Great article, thanks for sharing, Schumie. I don't know why the original poster never linked to it, but never mind. It's been fun reading it.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Hi Princee,

Thank you for starting this thread as it includes a lot of useful information for people who are planning to start their own data center. I would also like to suggest adding security to this list.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM

I've read the article, thanks a lot for sharing. I loved it, didn't know half of the things there. It seems like having a data center is an incredibly complicated thing.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

What great information you have supplied here. I have been away for a little while and to come back and read these tips are good. I also agree with the security tip, that is very important as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 AM

Exclamation

Hi,

Now a days lots steps are taking in world to save electricity please visit this site to get more information for building data center
Green Data Centers
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 AM

Thanks Princee for providing such a wonderful information.These tips help me and other member in this forum, who seriously want information about DC.I will share these important tips with my friends.