Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 AM

Thumbs up Best Cluster Servers (ibm?!)

Hey All-

I just wanted to see what types of servers DC operators preferred. As an IT Asset Disposition company, I see them all. While testing clusters though, I and my tech team have observed IBM X series servers to be far superior than that of HP or Dell Servers. Thus we are having an internal contest.....which is the best server? ( I know I know, it sometimes depends on applications....i.e an IBM shop DC switched completely to HP, ended up having a lot of downtime bec the HP wouldn't pick up the extensive 3d apps the oil co was running)......

I hope I stirred a debate and would like to hear feedback on what servers you guys feel are the best in the business!!!!!!

Rez
Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sago-Sean Send a message via MSN to Sago-Sean Send a message via Yahoo to Sago-Sean Send a message via Skype™ to Sago-Sean

Well, in actual application and performance, I believe the IBMs do win, however, not everyone can afford those and if the budget is just not there, then a Dell cluster solution can satisfy some peoples needs.
I always enjoy these debates because there are so many different angles that you can approach this from. Such as:
Who has the best hardware/software?
Who provides the best support for their hardware/software?
Who is the most affordable?
Which system will be the easiest to implement in a cluster solution?
This is a loaded question and is the beginning of an excellent debate.
I will be very interested to see others thoughts on this matter as well.
Toll Free 866-366-3640