Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 PM

Default Data center focus...whats yours?

I am very new to the data center world...i spent several years just out of highschool working for a subcontractor that built data centers for quest and cox, which apparently helped me land my current career as a data center facility manager.

our data center focuses on providing the customer with space, power and connectivity. we dont offer any other services other than an extra set of hands when someone needs it.

are there any other data centers that operate the way we do? seems everyone i talk to is hell bent on getting involved with their customers hardware and software.

just curious.

enjoy the day!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Seems to me you are focusing on the low-margin, commodity side of the business at the expense of more profitable "value added" services.

Ken
Old 08-01-2010, 01:40 PM

I gues DRL (Digital Reality Trust) offers same server, except they provide turn key data centers.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

no offense taken...i dont run the place, i'm the facility manager.

we provide space for "entities" that are capable of taking care of their own equipment. we are here for the "hard restart scenario" but we do not inject ourselves into their operations.

there are companies out there who prefer this type of atmosphere. we are very happy in our little niche.

we provide the space power and connectivity and the supporting infrastructure to ensure failsafe operation and uninterrupted bliss until the end of time.

is there anyone else operating like this out there?

Last edited by TheDude; 12-07-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 PM

I operate similar to this...but I'm an enterprise data center...not colocation. I manage the physical space and help out with cabling logistics to various support groups where I can.