Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM

I do not hire anyone with certifications only. In most cases, I throw people with certs and less than 2 years experience out of the running for any job. They need to stay where they are at and get whatever experience they can. In fact, I have been known to take someone without experience and certifications over someone with. I can train them easier because I do not need to break down the barriers that the certification courses build up. The cert courses just do not deal in the real world, and sometimes those barriers prevent the job from getting done properly.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 AM

If you are taking certification from a reputed organization then it will work wonders for you. So there is nothing to be in disbelief....
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Sure! Certification is necessary for a good company. Simultaneously experience is also needed. With these 2 things, a company can grow faster. CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE are both two sides of a coin. So, both are very much required.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Default it solutions

I agree with you I also believe that work done by hand mean practical work....But as like practical is much needed theory is also needed certificate can improve your degree level but not your mind just the quality knowledge can do this...
Old 11-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostingCorral View Post
If you have some cash laying around pick it up and get 2 or 3 of the top ones. It pays when you are looking for a job
We believe that hands on is the very best way, but it all depends on who you are going to work for. There is no exact science that will let you know which companies look for hands on and which look for cert's, but I can tell you this, smaller companies that are looking to achieve fast results deffinatly want to know if you have done certain things in a production environment. Doing things in the lab is one thing, but when down time and $ are at risk it is a a totally different ball game.

Having a cert is a great for some people, and its great if you can read something in a book and then take a test to prove you know it, or if you run into a problem that you can go lookup how to fix it, but when
Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM

Default Certification with effort

Its true, certification now days have become very easy practice by many organizations. But personal view is that certification shows only the eligibility for the recruitment process. It does not show the capability of a candidate. But knowledge is different aspect of job. Candidates have no option for the effort.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resellernow View Post
There are many certification program now. Do you beleive in all the courses. I don't really beelive all the things. I like only hands on experience which is very useful compare to those courses. How many of you study by your self without going to any classes.
Yes I also agree with you to some extend. Actually hands on experience is always better than any other legal documents. As experience gives the best knowledge. However, one needs to be very sincere to study them self, also at some companies, certified professional is primary need. Thus it also matters to some level.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Also, certy from global brand is much affilated. I have seen many doing certs. to carry forward there career, but as I said in other topic, an professional degree boost your CV value.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:17 PM

For me, I would say that Hands on experience is the best. Though, having a certificate on a certain skill gives an additional points for some. But what is the use of having those certificates, if in the actual battle you can't even troubleshoot a tinsy-winsy problem. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 AM

both things having importance.