View Single Post

Old 01-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to Schumie

The very large customers I've generally dealt with start by thinking they are asking the right questions (do you have this certificate, or have you passed this?) but ultimately, when you start explaining to them the more specifics - power services for example, that you provide true dual feed fed from two independent UPS's, which are fed from 2 independent ATS's, which are fed from two different substation feeds which are on two separate utility providers and separate generators, and you regularly test this under load etc.. then they do usually start asking more in depth questions which are pertinent.

Things I would be asking about: Power, Cooling, Security, Available providers in the facility with contact details for the account managers that know about this, references from other large customers so that I can speak with them.

I'd also ask about their processes for: employing people, remote hands requests

In addition to the above if what they have advised, and what I have seen is up to scratch, I'd then want to be reviewing the SLA which they provide - does it match my business. Can they provide the levels of resiliency guaranteed by penalty should they fail etc..