View Single Post

Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Data Center Thesis

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post. I am writing a thesis on Data Centers, like what is, how to build and the rest. I hope this is the right forum because I don't know where else to ask for help.

Please keep one thing in mind: "I Am Not Asking You To Do This FOR Me, Just For Your Suggestion". Sorry for the capital letters.

1. I would like to ask you if it is possible to do a System Analysis for a Data Center . I learned that System Analysis is used when you wish to develop a software, with the use cases and UML diagrams and all but...I am not developing anything, I want only to write about what a DC is, adv/disadv, you know the drill, absolutely no programming.

2. Is there a methodology o framework to build and/or design Data Centers? Academically speaking?

3. Some say that a DC is to best build underground but I read about something Plaza with a DC on the 72th floor. Is this possible? Which is false?

4. Is there a place where I can find more information on DCs, academically? Just so I can ground my approach on the subject. There are no similar thesis at my school's library.

I already dug out everything from APC, Cisco, Sun, SearchDataCenter.com and trust me when I say that it is helping me a lot. I only have those three questions from above.
Also, I was assigned a supervisor/tutor/teacher to help me, but...well he teaches DW, so this is not his field, and I kinda had no choice.

Again, if I did something wrong please point it out and I will remove this thread. Thank you for reading.

----------------
Now playing: System Of A Down - Toxicity
via FoxyTunes