View Single Post

Old 05-25-2005, 06:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to SiteSouth

Hi Jason,

Glad you joined in. I'll be glad to help where I can.

Other than Sprint I don't know the providers you've listed but Sprint does a good job overall.

Redundant lines are absolutely required if you are going to offer a commercial service. A T3 from each provider should do it for you. It's also a good way to see who is giving you the better service.

On the power, I'd suggest you look at getting a used Liebert or MCE systems battery backup system. You can pick up used ones at a very good cost saving, thought they cost abit to install. Same with the generator, you can pickup good used ones for $.01 compared to new ones. Never try to buy these new you can go broke real quick.

On the routers we run both Cisco and Foundry. I prefer the Foundry myself. The real trick is to find a qualified network admin and work with him. This is the one area everyone underestimates when thinking about opening a datacenter. When it's all said and done, it comes down to the network admin. I would spend the time and the money getting the best admin and then worry about the hardware.

On the load bearing of the floor you need to check with the building engineer and th architect to see what it can handle or what needs to be done.

Hope that's some help.

Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV