View Single Post

Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Bene

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigf
I'd be interested in a cost comparison. Do you know what it cost to do your overhead trays and power bus and what size is your room? That would give me a $/sq. ft. number. Raised floor in my area is quoted at about $22 a sq. ft. new, $12 used installed (CDN $).

Jamie
Our room is not huge...we have space for about 14 racks about 20' x 18'. The cost was about $7000 including 30+' of the busway, 24 L5-30 recepticles (in groups of three), and 12 5-15 plugs in groups of four. Keep in mind that this is a hung busway that can be moved and reconfigured. The outlet receptacles can be moved, added, or changed without taking the any phase down. EX:we swapped 2 racks, one required one of our 4 5-15 recepticle boxes, the other a 3 L5-30 box. We moved the two racks, swapped the two receptacle boxes and were back up in an hour, without an electrician. Second EX: We added a SAN that required L6-30. We got 2 L6-30 receptacles for just a couple hundred bucks. If you can't do a raised floor (which I question, although I have no experience with) this is a great power option.