View Single Post

Old 04-05-2005, 11:34 PM
UnionDatacom

Default Above.Net

We've been with Above.Net for two years. We have a GigE with them now. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about their network, other than the fact that Internap and Savvis are both faster coast to coast, but AboveNet does really well in our BGP matrix.

However, support tickets take forever to be answered, and although their technical staff is professional and readily available if you have an emergency, their billing and sales staff are the worst I have ever dealt with, and we have currently, or have in the past, dealt with almost all the Tier-1 and Tier-2 carriers...the worst. We get overcharged for bandwidth, credits take forever to be issued, and the sales staff is worse than a stereotypical used car salesman, even though they have no actual pricing control, all they can do is read from the line sheet.

I just picked up a GigE with Broadwing. So far sales and managment have been quite professional, it's a backup circuit so latency isn't an issue for us, but it's not lit yet for us to test it.