View Single Post

Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
The APC strips are nice, but I hate that they're upside down. I realize this is for compatability with ovhead power, like they do with their InfrastruXure product line, but it makes the things awkward for subfloor power users. They're bulky, too, which takes up a lot of cable room when you're using two.
Upside down? I have used APCs on both raised and overhead. They have the ability to flip the text on the screen to so you can mount them cord up or cord down.

I know a lot of people push ServerTech products and I was once in love with them. Then came the management module issues that I had. I literally had atleast 1 power strip management module stop working each week. I had to tell our sales guy to send us 10 standby modules that we could swap out at any given time. The modules arent supposed to be hot-swappable but we had no choice. On one occassion, however, I was replacing a module in a live strip and the entire strip went dark. Customers were not happy; neither was I!

Also, I was really turned off by the price of the servertech strips. I believe we were paying $1,000 per strip back in the day. APC released their strip for $370.

Just my $.02