View Single Post

Old 12-04-2004, 01:01 AM
scourtney2000

Thank you very much for you feedback. I am learning alot on the forums already.

I realize that Cogent is not a popular choice in the forums, but I have to say I have had no problems with their connectivity to date. I knew about the supposed problems when we purchased the connectivity originally. The pricing was really good, so I decided to take a chance.

I don't know what people are talking about. The connection has never gone down. I have not experienced any problems with network latency or packet loss. I have not had any mysterious routing issues.

In the Baltimore marketplace there is very little resistance to Cogent. Since this is not a Cogent city (I have a unique relationship with them) most clients in Baltimore simply have not heard of Cogent, so it has not negatively impacted our sales efforts.

I am currently looking to muli-home the network. What connectivity would you recommend? I was thinking Level3.

I have gathered alot of info from the forums. I realize I am not interested in shared hosting. I want to try to put something a little more sophisticated together. I realize now that I need a product to offer that is dedicated and managed.