View Single Post

Old 08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
MadroosterTony

I did not mention what datacenter on purpose. Didnt want this thread to be about my current DC, but what other DCs are doing and not doing.

Like I have said we have been with most of the other big players, and because we stress so much on service as a hosting company, we have to have a datacenter that meets our service needs.

We have an unwritten rule to reply to all support tickets in 15 mins, so it helps when our DC has a similar response time. Not that we need the DC to answer that many tickets, we handle the few we get on our own, but when you need the DC, you need them.

The other big issue is, we arent wasting $$$ on an empty rack. So many other DCs want you to pay for 1/2 the rack, or 1/3 of the rack, etc. But lets say you fill a rack, and gotta buy a new one, just to add a new dedicate client, or shared box. Now I am paying for 1/2 of a rack, with one server in it?? Yeah that makes alot of sense. Granted with growth it doesnt sit with 1 server in it too long, but it could only have 2-3 in it over a few months, wasted $$$...