View Single Post

Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

tankbusta,
We have two switch comm rooms with exhaust fans; however there will only been a few switches to cover the floor. In the main data center I didn't bother with air flow sensors because the HVAC alarms should cover that. We have two five ton Data Aire units with an alarm processor.

The Alarm processor will have numerous alarms for the various components of the HVAC system (roof top fans, glycol pumps, AC units, etc); however it will only have one or two dry contact alarm feeds to our monitoring system. If we have a problem with the HVAC I don't think that I care what it is because I will be calling in service anyways. All I want to know is that there is a problem. I will also probably be making the trip down to the office so I can look at the alarm processor once I get there.

Security... this is an 18 story building and I don't trust their systems. I have security cameras and door contacts tied into monitoring that will dial out if someone opens a door after hours and holidays. The server room door contact also triggers a picture that gets emailed. We monitor server room noise levels but I don't think that it would pick up someone breaking in. I am not sure I understand the glass break sensor when the server room is 10 floors up

thanks again