Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Server Discussion (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HP Vs Dell VS IBM servers (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12947)

juandc 08-18-2008 12:59 PM

HP Vs Dell VS IBM servers

There are many servers out there. If you compre HP/DELL/IBM, which one will be the best server to run heavy financial application?

Thanks,
Juan

green 08-20-2008 10:28 AM

I think your decision should be based on the hardware requirements of the applications rather than on the brand of server.

Find out the hardware specs that the application needs in order to run efficiently then base your decision on that.

molly00000 08-25-2008 11:57 AM

I think IBM is the best among all these. It comes with light path technology so there are no problems at the time of minor failures.

jessicaluis 09-09-2008 07:29 AM

We can decide which one performing best cause thay have many diffrent working methodology.

yeh but they are working good at their place...

taki 09-26-2008 02:24 AM

I am a huge fan of all of HP's products. Not only do I use thier servers, I use their home computers too. I have never been a big fan of IBM or Dell. Especially Dell.

whitey 09-26-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taki (Post 20565)
I am a huge fan of all of HP's products. Not only do I use thier servers, I use their home computers too. I have never been a big fan of IBM or Dell. Especially Dell.

I am curious in you resentment of Dell Servers, any big reasons?

whcdavid 10-01-2008 03:19 PM

We also use HP's servers and never had any issues. We have more than 4K+ servers. Also, they are working with Intel to provde better products.

recklessop 10-03-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molly00000 (Post 19641)
I think IBM is the best among all these. It comes with light path technology so there are no problems at the time of minor failures.

i work at reynolds and reynolds and all of our servers in the field are ibm's now, and i have to say the light path is pretty sweet. The only thing i would avoid are the ibm x305 servers. their 4th system fans SUCK. but luckily they are useless even when they work. big thumbs up for the 306m 245 and 246 and the new 3250 servers are pretty kick a$$ as well... personally i build my servers from the ground up, except for one which is a dell 2650 and i have no complaints about it

princee18 01-28-2009 04:35 AM

We have always used HP servers and were fully satisfied. I think IBM servers also do well but i got some bad feedback about dell servers.

maikj 01-31-2009 06:43 PM

HP- Ok for most midrange apps
IBM- mid to upper range, DB intensive apps
Dell- naeh...Seen too many die...
Sun- Very good in special apps, their new X64 Servers are amazing, great for hosting
Appro- High Performance Cluster? Cloud Computing? You got it!