Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cluster and Cloud Computing Discussion Forum (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Do you trust cloud storage (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56558)

Audrey 01-26-2016 12:29 AM

Do you trust cloud storage

The company I work for wants us to now backup all our data to the cloud. We work on a BOYD program and use our personal devices for work. I'm afraid of backing up my device to the cloud. I worry that my personal data will be backed up and the company will have access to all my private information.

Mark Hoffman 01-26-2016 11:23 PM

Right now I am not sure if I trust it or not. Before I move all my data to the cloud I want to test it first. I need to understand if the security in the cloud will protect my data.

successfulsneer 02-08-2016 12:42 AM

You should start separating your personal files from your work files then. Actually I have the same issue, I work online and I use Google Drive to access my daily work sheets which contains sensitive data. I know that you can use encryption to secure your data but is there a software that I can use to extensively protect my data and other documents that I use online?

Is Google Drive Secure?

StuartCrawford 02-10-2016 12:20 PM

Cloud is a boon for freelancers & small business owners, especially for the people who are working online from anywhere, anytime. Read this blog: what business executives have to say about cloud computing

misslisacoffey 03-13-2016 11:51 AM

Businesses using cloud services have to know where consumer data is being stored and how it’s protected. When it comes to security, there is a cloud of mistrust hanging over the boardroom. But how accurate is this perception?

MelGrif 04-06-2016 05:11 AM

CloudDesktopOnline

Well for me it is okay just separate your personal files from your work files. Right now I am using CloudDesktopOnline. This takes care of all maintenance and updates, hardware/software upgrade and backup responsibilities.

alfonsmeier 04-13-2016 09:06 PM

Read their TOS and chose a local cloud provider which is based in your country. A local provider will never want to break his most valuable local market and will take very much care of the data security and data consistency of your property. They are maybe a bit more expensive that the known global mass provider based in wherever, but they become your partner.

Alfons

adilkhan009 06-30-2016 11:45 AM

First of all check for testing purpose and then use service.

24x7servermanagement 07-27-2016 04:30 PM

The very first thing, with cloud its totally upto you which data you are going to backup. Meaning you have full control on your own data.

Make sure to separate your personal and work data. The company you work for may provide you the logins to backup all your work data. Before proceeding check the features and roles provided by cloud storage provider then If you find everything is fair enough then proceed with the same.

Paul 03-12-2018 06:35 AM

I think first you can check the demo services of hosting and then if you fully satisfied from their services and plat from security then go with the hosting their are many cloud hosting providers like google , AWS , DO and also if you need to manage your hosting so let's go with Forge , Cloudways