Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Server Discussion (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Which server brand? (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29905)

ford 10-23-2011 08:51 AM

Which server brand?

I'm looking to buy a few new servers and can't decide which brand/make to go with. I've had a great experience with Dell but IBM also looks like a good option. I don't think I want to go with HP.

The server won't be doing so much work but I still want great performance. Budget isn't that much of an issue.

Any suggestions please?

Regards,
ford

xpressmedcare 11-28-2011 12:40 AM

My company is using IBM's server from its beginning and I have found no problem at all.

thecommis 11-28-2011 03:22 PM

You go with your company standards or application provider recommendations. Dell, IBM are good hardware servers, good Technical support, competent price and prompt replacement (depending on your support contract). and these are key factors to decide for new purchase.

Personally I like Dell over any other brand. Only reason is after working long with Dell, i know what kind of problem, i can face and what are the work around

StealthyHosting 12-09-2011 04:44 AM

SuperMicro is always good to look at also, especially if on a small budget.

eUK-Mac 12-15-2011 10:22 AM

Well, I believe that web hosting providers who know the value of customers data and its availability will buy the hardware only from Dell. Because, Dell is a company who offers trusted and genuine hardware from years and never been fallen down. If you are still not sure about it, you can check out the differences between Dell and HP by searching for Dell servers Vs. HP servers . I am sure, you will find Dell the best for your requirements.

balticservers 12-29-2011 01:46 PM

Which server brand?

Hello,

Our company using only INTEL servers and it parts. Per 10 years we dont have any problem with that type servers, so we allways investing here and try offer client best INTEL solutions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford (Post 43544)
I'm looking to buy a few new servers and can't decide which brand/make to go with. I've had a great experience with Dell but IBM also looks like a good option. I don't think I want to go with HP.

The server won't be doing so much work but I still want great performance. Budget isn't that much of an issue.

Any suggestions please?

Regards,
ford

ontariodatacenter 08-04-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthyHosting (Post 44329)
SuperMicro is always good to look at also, especially if on a small budget.

I totally agree with supermicro

70% of our servers are Supermicro and the rest are Dell and some HP's

Performance with Supermicro servers is great, so far we we had only one board replacement a while ago, beside that they are running 24/7 and clients are happy.

zomgmike 08-05-2013 08:17 PM

Supermicro is my favorite, but if you're on a budget Dell and HP will get into quite the bidding war if your order is large enough.

clara_jekk 08-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zomgmike (Post 51255)
Supermicro is my favorite, but if you're on a budget Dell and HP will get into quite the bidding war if your order is large enough.

It's my choice too. It can provide with quality and reliability.

GeorgeClooney 10-23-2013 07:30 AM

I actually like supermicro and mainly of our material is that. We've been attainment in several off-lease dell gears which is less-bad than I supposed it would be. The dependability on the dell is good so far. The ease of use and suppleness isn't as good as supermicro but once you get it operational it’s ok, and off rent is dirt inexpensive.