Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Storage: Disk, RAID and NAS/SAN (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Everything SSD (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54218)

RichardGier 09-13-2015 02:49 AM

Everything SSD

Who has experience with running just SSD Servers nothing else, what where the speeds like and did you have any issues with reliability? Did the drives work ok? How often did you need to replace them? What was your data usage like?

truedon 09-14-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardGier (Post 70624)
Who has experience with running just SSD Servers nothing else, what where the speeds like and did you have any issues with reliability? Did the drives work ok? How often did you need to replace them? What was your data usage like?

Speeds where incredible, no issues at all. Apart from one drive that was dead on arrival. But that is happening all the time with hardware these days it seems :eek:

I use two SSDs on my varnish cache servers, they are 250GB each and run in a RAID 1 configuration. So far I have not had to replace them in a year, but I will replace them next year as recommended.

My data usage has been around a solid throughput approx 92-108MBps and it has been so fast for my users!!

CoolGeek 09-14-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardGier (Post 70624)
Who has experience with running just SSD Servers nothing else, what where the speeds like and did you have any issues with reliability?

The speeds where great, I use the disks for my database server. The access time is in the miliseconds!

Quote:

Did the drives work ok? How often did you need to replace them? What was your data usage like?
I'm only using about 25Mbps for my webservices and they kept up fine no problem. Have not needed to replace yet...fingers crossed!

Linfie 09-24-2015 10:19 AM

Taking the advantage of the opportunity I would like to express the point that I am happy dealing with kvchosting.com and their ssd hosting - it is 10x faster than regular hosting. Signup for 3 Years plan for Unlimited “C” package and get 2 Years Free. Total of 5 Years. (NEW CUSTOMER Only!) ** Free 2 Years will be added automatically once the account is activated.

Clack 01-03-2016 07:58 PM

Thanks for sharing your feedback on some of these sites. There are just too many out there these days, and I hate to go in blindly.

Mark Hoffman 01-23-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truedon (Post 70678)
Speeds where incredible, no issues at all. Apart from one drive that was dead on arrival. But that is happening all the time with hardware these days it seems :eek:

I use two SSDs on my varnish cache servers, they are 250GB each and run in a RAID 1 configuration. So far I have not had to replace them in a year, but I will replace them next year as recommended.

My data usage has been around a solid throughput approx 92-108MBps and it has been so fast for my users!!

I installed 1 SSD server to try the speed. It was incredible and I found it worked well and was nice. The only issues I find with SSD is how often they need to be replaced. I do like the smaller disk size. SSD take up a lot less room in your data center.