Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Back-up Systems and Data Recovery (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Easiest method of backup (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19226)

attagirl 05-17-2009 11:42 PM

Easiest method of backup

What would you consider to be the easiest method of backup. Why would you choose that option, and how did you come to this decision. thanks

Miftha Sri 05-21-2009 10:08 PM

I am also looking for the answere. please anyone help me by telling me a best system to backup my web .

Schumie 05-22-2009 08:56 AM

Backups for what? Data centres, offices, servers, hardware, staff?

Alexandre 05-22-2009 02:14 PM

rsync tool is very useful for backups.

sync is a software application for Unix systems which synchronizes files and directories from one location to another while minimizing data transfer using delta encoding when appropriate. An important feature of rsync not found in most similar programs/protocols is that the mirroring takes place with only one transmission in each direction. rsync can copy or display directory contents and copy files, optionally using compression and recursion.

In daemon mode, rsync listens to the default TCP port of 873, serving files in the native rsync protocol or via a remote shell such as RSH or SSH. In the latter case, the rsync client executable must be installed on both the local and the remote host.

Released under the GNU General Public License, rsync is free software.

rsync - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suzan Gill 06-03-2009 07:52 PM

I would prefer online backup service

The easiest method of backup that I would prefer is online backup service. This is because I can retrieve my data from anywhere and whenever I need. You can access your data from any place which is a very important advantage of backing up your files online.

Alexandre 06-04-2009 02:19 PM

But it's not too cheap:)

uday1583 08-20-2009 05:18 PM

i would say the easiest backup that i could have is online platform, i would have an online back up service as i would be able to use tit through anywhere and at any time. so. but it will depend on the quantum of data to be backed up, thanks

Natheen 10-09-2009 02:27 PM

I do offline and online backups. But Online backup is the easiest one & we can access it from anywhere in the world. Normally, I used to store files on my mail boxes (Small task files) and on server from some other guys who is apart from me (for long task files). At the same time, I used to take backup offline too (Reports etc). So, I am always safe. :)

data102 11-17-2009 07:13 PM

We use CDP from R1 Soft and I highly recommend it. Version 3.0 is out soon too.

data102 11-18-2009 11:22 PM

Scratch that about 3.0 coming out soon. I was on the phone with my rep today and now they think it will be out next summer :( 2.0 is still good stuff though!