Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues. (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cpanel or Plesk? (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1766)

cutecut 06-11-2005 01:03 PM

Cpanel or Plesk?

Can anybody help me out which one is the better Control Panel?
Cpanel or Plesk?
Explain me with the Features of Both

telemark 06-11-2005 01:17 PM

I would say Plesk, I know everyone likes cpanel, but they have lots of bug on their script.
Also, their panel is not secure.

SiteSouth 06-13-2005 03:38 AM

I'd say Cpanel. Support requests for Plesk run about 5 to 1 for us. Also Cpanel has a significant number of features that Plesk does not.

Jatos 06-13-2005 07:17 AM

Hmm, I would agree cPanel is not exactly bug free control panel but plesk can be a right nuiscance at times. Also in my experience customers will tend to lean towards cPanel hosts as apposed to plesk host.

SuperRacks 06-15-2005 07:44 AM

If you stay on the stable tree, CPanel will be allright. Hardly used Plesk, so I can''t compaire.

arnold 06-15-2005 03:11 PM

I would say most of the users like CPanel. If you look at users end they like Cpanel.

hyperactive-Inc 03-27-2006 03:39 AM

We run both Cpanel and Plesk servers on linux and Plesk servers on Windows. As far as i know Cpanel does not run on windows, correct me if im wrong, we've just never tried it.

I dont agree that Cpanel has more features than Plesk, as far as i can tell the same features exist in both, just at different places in the control panel. In the case that features are missing that you need, there is a great company offering specialized software for plesk, the company is 4PSA www.4psa.com. I highly recommend replacing the plesk built in spamassassin with 4psa spam guardian, and replace the Plesk Application Vault with 4PSA's Integrator. They also make several other must have applications such as clean server (anti-virus), qmail manager, remote backup storage (4PSA Total Backup), as well as a redundant DNS system which allows you to use external DNS servers. The DNS manager imports the plesk zone files directly from your boxes allowing you to run standalone DNS servers. No more having to create new nameservers for each plesk box you bring up.

I also dont agree that end users prefer Cpanel, most of our users who have used both prefer plesk once they have learned where everything is.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Innovative2001 06-22-2006 11:10 AM

Thank you very much hyperactive.

As eariler we recomend the CPanel but the iformation you have provided is very much useful for the all.....

One more thing you should remember that as CPanel is used widely most people are very well aware of it and they prefere it.. This is the main reason why I am suggesting the CPanel.

DigitalProviders 08-20-2006 06:10 AM

another thumbs up for Interworx here also. We have been using both Plesk for 5 years and cpanel for 2 years. Recently migrated all accounts to multiple Interworx clusters and we could no be happier.

Our support for virtual hosting cluster problems has gone down by 20% since the switch. We have less support, more stability, which means clients are happy and our virtual hosting services are more proftiable.

tnats 12-29-2006 09:15 PM

"plesk built in spamassassin with 4psa spam guardian, and replace the Plesk Application Vault with 4PSA's Integrator"

I would totally agree. The spam guardian and Integrator products are great. Our users love them. Not buggy like the Application Vault.

Also, cPanel is uuuuugggggggggllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just my opinion though. I've found that if you respect SWsoft's technical folks, you get help quicker. I see people on their forums bad mouthing them every chance they get. They do the best they can, it's not like their making millions and millions of dollars in profit each month, they are just people like you and me. (no, I don't work for them, I've just got to know a few and they are very cool people trying to do their best)