Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums

Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Network and Telecom Forum (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What are the disadvantages of pre-paid calling card services? (http://www.datacentertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7978)

jacob_89 05-07-2007 10:54 AM

What are the disadvantages of pre-paid calling card services?

I'm looking to switch from Verizon to a pre paid service plan, but before I do I just want to make sure the pluses out weigh the minuses.

Slaine 06-21-2007 10:00 PM

Check to see if the card has an expiry date, ie 1 month.

A lot of cards have hidden charges, like activation charges etc.

In the end it's all down to shopping around for the best deal on a card.

And also seeing if the call quality is good enough.

tomandrew 09-21-2008 10:32 AM

Its going to be hard time with pre-paid cards unless we have right type of plan. First we have to choose what is the right type of plan for us? that is ,which plan settles our needs and surely with these our budget will also be limited.

Tampa Telecom 06-11-2009 06:47 AM

If you used limited calls than pre paid card is good. One most problem is eye upon our balance after every call.

ddemetrius456 11-26-2009 08:42 AM

An important thing in Pre-paid calling card services is the activation charges. It puts to the customer into a huge burden.

timothy1238 12-26-2009 05:06 AM

There are many reasons why some people benefit from a pre-paid service plan, but there are still some disadvantages that we want for everyone to be aware of. The following is a list of five disadvantages to using a post-paid plan instead of a pre-paid calling plan.
Higher per minute rates
· Service and coverage area may not be the same as a post-paid plan
· Higher purchase price for the phone
· Must re-charge your phone when your minutes are exhausted
· Possible surcharges for inactivity, READ the fine print
Recently I located a service in internet at Startec Global Communications - Save Over 80% on International Calls from your Cell Phone The facilities appear to be very lucrative and cheap.

TEM 12-29-2009 04:50 PM

buy it from a reputable store. they have negotiated the best deal.

Johny22 02-21-2010 06:23 AM

There are many reasons why some people benefit from a pre-paid service plan, but there are still some disadvantages that we want for everyone to be aware of. The following is a list of five disadvantages to using a post-paid plan instead of a pre-paid calling plan.
Higher per minute rates
? Service and coverage area may not be the same as a post-paid plan
? Higher purchase price for the phone
? Must re-charge your phone when your minutes are exhausted
? Possible surcharges for inactivity, READ the fine print
Recently I located a service in internet at Startec Global Communications - Save Over 80% on International Calls from your Cell Phone The facilities appear to be very lucrative and cheap.

ggrek77 05-09-2010 11:06 AM

The biggest disadvantages is when your talk time is over you cant talk ....
If at that point of time talk time ll not available that where disadvantages ll come...........

Wine Investment
Fine Wine Investment

edasparks 08-05-2010 08:03 AM

Most business today use the virtual calling card. When you are out of calling minutes you can automatically recharge the card online using the account you set with the provider. It does not even require long PIN's and can even be used to contact international numbers.