PDA

View Full Version : What is your definition of cloud hosting?

mike2011
05-04-2011, 11:58 AM
A previous post has me thinking more about cloud hosting. How exactly do you define cloud hosting? I see that some companies define cloud hosting in a way that is different than other.s Ideally cloud hosting should improve cost effectiveness and shoudl be kinder to the environment.

emad
05-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Cloud hosting is a type of hosting where applications, data and such for a website are spread across several different servers. Therefore, if there is a problem with one server, the website will not go down. This should make a website more efficient. I think balancing the hosting over different servers also helps improve energy efficiency.

John789
05-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Cloud hosting is when a website is present on more than one server. Instead of limited to a single server like what we have in traditional hosting services (dedicated/shared hosting), the website now has the access to multiple servers. Virtually, the processing power is unlimited as you can always add a new server and scale up.

charlez
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
How is cloud hosting different from cluster hosting? I remember a couple years ago that there were a few hosts that said they were different than others because they used cluster hosting and balanced websites on more than one server?