PDA

View Full Version : VMware ESX virtualization

C7Mike
08-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Has anyone tried the VMware ESX virtualization product? We license it at the company I work with (C7 Data Centers), and it is pretty popular with our customers. What has been your experience with that product and how would you rate it with other comparable products?

hemalmewada
12-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I would rate VMware ESX the best virtualization product. Though I am still exploring it I am loving the way it is performing for me.

I still have to learn a lot more on the Vmotion and IP sharing stuff. Looking forward to more threads on the subject.

directspace
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I would have to agree. VMware ESX is a pretty solid product. I've tried Virtuozzo and its very buggy and crashes quite a bit.

anil.chandaliya
04-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi,

For high availability VMware visualization is best.

imran123
07-20-2010, 05:46 PM
We use VMware in our environment and managing more than 2000+ linux boxes and all of them virtual boxes. Also, we are converting our physical boxes to virtual boxes as well. Our ESX server is clustered, so even when one of the box goes down other box will take care of it.

I would definitely recommend VMware compare to other virtualization boxes.

mike2011
11-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Vmware Server is the best to host Virtualization because it offers:
• Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 8.0—single processor installations only
• Novell SuSE Linux 8.2, Enterprise Server 8.0 and 9.0 (SP3)—all editions are supported for both single-processor and multiprocessor installations.

mike2011
11-26-2010, 05:54 AM
experience with that product

One product from VMware vSphere Hypervisor, is based on VMware ESX, the hypervisor architecture that sets the industry standard for reliability, performance and ecosystem support. :o

jackson
11-26-2010, 07:24 AM
VMware is trusted because it is the leading business virtualization infrastructure provider, that offers the most trusted and reliable platform for building private clouds and federating to public clouds.

eilert
11-26-2010, 07:35 AM
VMware technology provides the ability to create powerful virtual networks within VMware ESX hosts. This technology utilizes the Data Center physical networking features to balance and extend the Data Center networks.

stratogen
11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
We've got one of the larger VMware platforms and are very happy with it's performance. VMware is always going to be a premium product for hosting because VMware don't want to de-value their enterprise offerings. Their high availability tools are definitely better than the alternatives from Xen and Microsoft - in particular DRS works particularly well in large scale deployments.

The vast majority of the hosting market is really looking for a lower cost option than VMware so it certainly doesn't work for everyone. The licensing can seem expensive, but in my opinion the quality of the product does justify the price.

eilert
11-29-2010, 06:49 AM
[QUOTEquality of the product does justify the price.[/QUOTE]

I am agreeing, but when any task can be accomplished with the low configuration then what is there for unnecessary investment. Thus this increases the liability of business. :D

eilert
11-29-2010, 06:51 AM
quality of the product does justify the price.

I am agreeing, but when any task can be accomplished with the low configuration then what is there for unnecessary investment. Thus this increases the liability of business. :D

fiberonsale
06-05-2015, 06:32 AM
The vast majority of the hosting market is really looking for a lower cost option than VMware so it certainly doesn't work for everyone. The licensing can seem expensive, but in my opinion the quality of the product does justify the price.