PDA

View Full Version : datacenter business

morgan
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
For a startup dedicated server/colo company. Is it better to be a reseller for a datacenter, and then lease the space and do the business or better to lease the space first? I know it is according to my budget. What would you recommend?

jamesb
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I am certain that there are more qualified people on this data center forum to answer your question but I would say it would depends on a number of points. What is your budget is obviously one and the next one would depend on your business plan. Are you able to find a lot of customers for example?

Zordani
02-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I think it depends on your particular situation and plans. You can't expect to receive an answer on a forum, where nobody even knows where you are or what your budget is, right?

morgan
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
My budget is around 50K for a year. I'm planning to provide dedicated server/colo services. Also, I may provide VOIP services as well. I want datacenter to be in USA. I would prefer texas/ny area. I will spend around 1K per month for advertisement.

princee18
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
You are right Morgan, if your budget is not much then there is no point in taking risk. I am sure most of the experienced people would advice you to lease the space in the beginning.