PDA

View Full Version : startup

princee18
06-20-2008, 04:39 AM
i am looking for information on how to organize a colo startup if I manage to get a cage with 2-3 cabinets in a Peer1 datacentre.

From my knowledge, Peer1 handles firewalling, BGP, etc on their end so I probably won't need it.

But how can I organize it, what do you guys do when you get a new client?
Have cables readily dangling in the racks or something so you can connect it to the clients right away?
What kind of reboot privs do you give out?

JaguarpcNick
07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
i am looking for information on how to organize a colo startup if I manage to get a cage with 2-3 cabinets in a Peer1 datacentre.

From my knowledge, Peer1 handles firewalling, BGP, etc on their end so I probably won't need it.

But how can I organize it, what do you guys do when you get a new client?
Have cables readily dangling in the racks or something so you can connect it to the clients right away?
What kind of reboot privs do you give out?

You could leave wires dangling and use apc remote reboot for reboot privileges, but Id suggest if its not your DC to check with the owning company you may have to be onsite for hardware installs, and to get your new clients access.

attagirl
10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I have to agree, that you need to start at the beginning and it appears that you are trying to start a bit into it. I would conduct a quick search and see what you might need to start it and then go from there. There is a lot of good information on the web.