PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities for teh datacenter hardware failure?

sympton
01-28-2005, 06:19 PM
What are the possibilites for server crashes or networkign equipment crashes?. Is this happening because of the heating issue?, How many watts required for standard cabinet, 10 -15 Kw?.

Thanks
Sympton

bdcsales
01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Can you post some more info about your setup?
The question you posted is kind of like asking "Why did my car break down?" without telling us what kind of car it is, or if it was driven into a lake...
Cheers!
Chris

sympton
01-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry about it, We had harddrive failured twice in last 3 months. We thought there should be some issues in datacenter to cause this problem. We have servers in diffrent places and never had failued like this. I don't think so users are messing up. There should be some reason from datacenter. Do you know the root cause?. Datacenter they just put the new drive and didn't provide any reason.

Jatos
01-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Bad make of hard drive, I am sure if you put the right search in on google you would soon find that some hard drive make keep popping as always making hd's that fail.

little2v
02-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Server failure from heat happens. I use a cheap RadioShack IR thing to check the heat of surfaces and what not. I try to mix 1u/2u stuff, and stick an APC every 7 servers to help with some spacing.